The Optoma W371 is a high-quality projector that is designed for use in a variety of settings, including classrooms, boardrooms, and home theaters. It offers a range of advanced features, including a bright lamp, high contrast ratio, and flexible connectivity options, making it a versatile and reliable choice for any presentation or entertainment needs.
One of the most notable features of the Optoma W371 is its bright lamp. With a lamp brightness of 3700 lumens, this projector can display bright, clear images even in well-lit rooms. This makes it ideal for use in classrooms, boardrooms, and other settings where ambient lighting may be a concern.
The Optoma W371 also features a high contrast ratio of 22,000:1, which allows for deep blacks and bright whites in images and videos. This high contrast ratio ensures that all visuals displayed by the projector are sharp and detailed, making it ideal for use in home theaters and other entertainment settings.
In terms of connectivity, the Optoma W371 offers a range of options, including HDMI, VGA, and composite video inputs. This allows users to connect a variety of devices to the projector, including laptops, gaming consoles, and Blu-ray players, making it a versatile choice for any situation.
The Optoma W371 also offers a range of other features, including a long lamp life of up to 10,000 hours, keystone correction, and a built-in speaker. Additionally, the projector is lightweight and portable, making it easy to transport and set up in any location.
The Optoma W371 is a versatile and reliable projector that offers a range of advanced features, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality projector for their presentation or entertainment needs.
Optoma W371 Specifications:
- Display Technology: Single 0.65” WXGA DC3 DMD chip DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
- Brightness: 3700 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 22,000:1
- Lamp Life: Up to 10,000 hours in Eco mode and up to 4000 hours in Normal mode
- Throw Ratio: 1.55 – 1.73:1
- Projection Distance: 1 – 12 meters
- Screen Size: 30” – 300” diagonal
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10 native, 4:3 compatible
- Keystone Correction: ± 40° Vertical
- Zoom: 1.1x manual zoom
- Input/Output: HDMI, VGA-In, Composite Video, Audio-In (3.5mm), Audio-Out (3.5mm), RS-232C, USB-A Power
- Speaker: 10-watt speaker
- Noise Level: 29dB (Eco mode), 33dB (Normal mode)
- Power Consumption: 325W Max, <0.5W Standby mode
- Dimensions: 298 x 230 x 96.5 mm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
Optoma W371 Pros & Cons:
- The Optoma W371 has a high brightness level of 3700 lumens, making it suitable for use in well-lit rooms or in outdoor presentations.
- With a high contrast ratio of 22,000:1, the Optoma W371 produces crisp, clear images with deep blacks and bright whites.
- The projector offers flexible connectivity options with HDMI, VGA, composite video, and audio inputs, allowing it to be used with a variety of devices.
- The long lamp life of up to 10,000 hours in Eco mode ensures a low total cost of ownership and minimal maintenance.
- The built-in 10-watt speaker provides decent sound quality, eliminating the need for external speakers in small to medium-sized rooms.
- The Optoma W371 is lightweight and portable, making it easy to transport and set up in various locations.
- The WXGA resolution of 1280 x 800 may not be suitable for high-end video and image quality, especially for larger screen sizes.
- The projector lacks advanced features like lens shift and 3D support that are found in higher-end projectors.
- The fan noise can be noticeable, especially in Normal mode, which may be distracting during quiet presentations or movie scenes.
- The keystone correction of ±40° is limited and may not be enough to correct large image distortions caused by projector placement.
Lamp of Optoma W371 & How to replace:
The lamp part number for the Optoma W371 projector is **SP.7D1R1GR01** (or **BL-FP195D**).
The Optoma W371 projector uses a lamp with a rated life of up to 10,000 hours in Eco mode and up to 4,000 hours in Normal mode. When the lamp reaches the end of its life, it will need to be replaced.
To replace the lamp of the Optoma W371 projector, follow these steps:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the projector to cool down before proceeding.
- Remove the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector by loosening the screws or pressing the release latch, depending on the model.
- Carefully remove the old lamp module from the projector by pulling on the handle or lifting it out of the lamp compartment, depending on the model.
- Install the new lamp module into the projector by inserting it into the lamp compartment and gently pushing it into place.
- Reattach the lamp cover and tighten the screws or secure the release latch, depending on the model.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the projector.
- Reset the lamp timer to ensure accurate tracking of lamp usage and replacement intervals.
Note: It’s important to use genuine Optoma replacement lamps to ensure optimal performance and prevent damage to the projector. Always refer to the user manual for specific instructions and safety precautions before replacing the lamp.
naeem sava –
High quality and high resolution projector. rock it