The Optoma HD146X is an affordable yet high-performance home theater projector that delivers stunning image quality and reliable performance. It offers a Full HD (1920×1080) resolution and a brightness of up to 3,600 lumens, making it ideal for use in rooms with ambient light. The projector uses a DLP display technology that provides sharp and clear images with vibrant colors and deep blacks.
The HD146X features a long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours in dynamic mode, which means you can enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and games for years to come without worrying about the cost and hassle of frequent lamp replacements. It also supports HDR10 technology, which provides a wider color gamut and greater dynamic range, resulting in more vivid and realistic images.
The projector features a 1.1x zoom and vertical keystone correction, making it easy to set up and adjust the image to fit your screen or wall. It also includes a range of connectivity options, including HDMI, VGA, USB, and audio-out, allowing you to connect to a range of devices such as laptops, media players, and gaming consoles.
The HD146X is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it easy to move around and set up in different locations. It also includes a built-in 10-watt speaker, which provides clear and loud audio without the need for external speakers.
The Optoma HD146X is an excellent choice for those looking for an affordable and high-performance home theater projector. Its advanced features, bright and clear images, and long lamp life make it an ideal choice for movie nights, sports events, gaming, and more.
Optoma HD146X Specifications:
- Display technology: DLP
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Brightness: 3,600 lumens
- Contrast ratio: 25,000:1
- Light source type: Lamp
- Lamp life: up to 15,000 hours (Dynamic mode)
- Throw ratio: 1.47 – 1.62:1
- Zoom: 1.1x
- Keystone correction: Vertical +/- 40 degrees
- Projection distance: 1.0m – 9.8m
- Image size: 28″ – 301″
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (native), 4:3 compatible
- Input: 2x HDMI (1.4a 3D support), 1x VGA (YPbPr/RGB), 1x composite video, 1x audio-in (3.5mm), 1x USB-A (power only)
- Output: 1x audio-out (3.5mm)
- Audio: 10-watt speaker
- Noise level: 26dB (Eco mode), 29dB (Normal mode)
- Power supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: 240W (max), <0.5W (standby)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 298 x 230 x 96.5 mm
- Weight: 2.87 kg
Optoma HD146X Pros and Cons:
- Affordable: The Optoma HD146X is an affordable option for a Full HD home theater projector.
- High brightness: With a brightness of up to 3,600 lumens, the HD146X can handle some ambient light in the room.
- Long lamp life: The lamp can last up to 15,000 hours in dynamic mode, reducing the cost and hassle of frequent lamp replacements.
- Good contrast: The HD146X has a contrast ratio of 25,000:1, which helps to provide deep blacks and vibrant colors.
- Good connectivity: The projector includes HDMI, VGA, USB, and audio-out inputs, making it easy to connect to a range of devices.
- Compact and lightweight: The projector is easy to move around and set up in different locations.
- Limited zoom: The HD146X only has a 1.1x zoom, which may not be sufficient for all room sizes and screen distances.
- No lens shift: The projector does not include lens shift, which means that it may be difficult to align the image precisely on the screen without using keystone correction.
- No horizontal keystone correction: The HD146X only includes vertical keystone correction, which may be limiting in some installation scenarios.
- Mediocre built-in speaker: While the projector includes a 10-watt speaker, the sound quality is not very powerful or rich.
- No lens cover: The projector does not include a lens cover, which may expose the lens to dust and damage when not in use.
Lamp of Optoma HD146X & How to replace:
The lamp of Optoma HD146X model is a 240W metal halide bulb that has a normal life of 4,000 hours and an Eco mode life of 15,000 hours. The lamp part number is SP.7G901GC01 or BL-FU240H. You can buy a replacement lamp with housing or a bare bulb from various online sellers. The replacement lamp for the Optoma HD146X projector is designed to deliver bright and vivid images for your home theater or gaming needs.
To replace the lamp of Optoma HD146X projector, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Wait for the projector to cool down completely before touching it.
- Loosen the screws on the lamp cover and remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the lamp module and pull it out by the handle.
- Insert a new lamp module and tighten the screws.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws.
- Reset the lamp timer by pressing MENU > Settings > Lamp Settings > Reset Lamp Hours > Yes.
It is important to handle the lamp carefully and avoid touching the lamp or the inside of the projector with bare hands as oil from skin contact can cause damage to the lamp. It is also recommended to use gloves or a cloth to handle the lamp to prevent this from happening. Additionally, it is important to dispose of the old lamp properly according to local regulations.