The Optoma H185X is a budget-friendly projector that delivers a high-quality viewing experience for movies, gaming, and other entertainment. This projector features DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology and has a native resolution of 720p (1280 x 720), which is great for watching movies and playing games. The H185X has a brightness of 3600 ANSI lumens, making it suitable for use in well-lit rooms or outdoor environments. The contrast ratio of 25,000:1 ensures that blacks are deep and colors are vibrant, which enhances the overall picture quality.
The lamp life of the H185X is up to 15,000 hours, which is quite impressive and reduces the need for frequent lamp replacements. The throw ratio of 1.47:1 – 1.62:1 and 1.1x manual zoom make it easy to set up and adjust the projector to fit the screen size and distance. The aspect ratio of 16:9 native and 4:3 compatible means that the projector is suitable for displaying widescreen content and standard aspect ratio content. The H185X can project images up to 305.3” diagonal, which makes it great for large-screen viewing.
The H185X has a keystone correction feature of ± 40° vertical, which corrects any image distortion caused by angled projection. The built-in 2W speaker provides decent sound quality, but external speakers can be connected via the audio out 3.5mm jack for a better sound experience. The H185X has multiple connectivity options including HDMI, VGA, USB-A power, and RS-232C, which allows you to connect a wide range of devices, such as laptops, gaming consoles, and media players. The projector measures 12.4” x 8.8” x 4.3” (314 x 224 x 110 mm) and weighs only 5.07 lbs (2.3 kg), making it easy to transport and set up in different locations
Optoma H185X Specifications:
- Display Technology: DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- Native Resolution: 720p (1280 x 720)
- Brightness: 3600 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 25,000:1
- Lamp Life: Up to 15,000 hours
- Throw Ratio: 1.47:1 – 1.62:1
- Zoom Type: 1.1x Manual
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 4:3 compatible
- Projection Screen Size: 27.88” – 305.3” diagonal
- Projection Distance: 3.93ft – 43.33ft (1.2m – 13.2m)
- Keystone Correction: ± 40° Vertical
- Speakers: 2W
- Connectivity: HDMI, VGA, USB-A power, Audio Out 3.5mm, RS-232C
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 12.4” x 8.8” x 4.3” (314 x 224 x 110 mm)
- Weight: 5.07 lbs (2.3 kg)
Optoma H185X Pros & Cons:
- Affordable price point
- High brightness of 3600 ANSI lumens
- Long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours
- Decent built-in speaker
- Multiple connectivity options
- Easy to set up and adjust with 1.1x manual zoom and keystone correction
- Lightweight and portable
- Native resolution limited to 720p
- Contrast ratio could be better
- Limited connectivity options compared to higher-end projectors
- Only a 2W built-in speaker, may require external speakers for better audio quality
- No lens shift functionality, which may require more precise placement for optimum image quality
Lamp of Optoma H185X & How to replace:
The lamp module part number for the Optoma H185X projector is BL-FP195A.
To replace the lamp, follow these steps:
- Turn off the projector and unplug it from the power source.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes before attempting to replace the lamp.
- Locate the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector and remove it by unscrewing the screw that holds it in place.
- Unscrew the two screws that hold the lamp module in place.
- Gently remove the lamp module from the projector by pulling on the handle.
- Take the new lamp module out of its packaging and insert it into the projector, making sure it is properly aligned and seated.
- Screw the two screws back in to hold the lamp module in place.
- Replace the lamp cover and screw it back into place.
- Reset the lamp counter in the projector’s menu settings to ensure accurate tracking of lamp life.
It is recommended to use only genuine Optoma replacement lamps to ensure optimal performance and lamp life. Additionally, avoid touching the lamp with bare hands as this can cause damage to the lamp and reduce its lifespan