BenQ W1090 is a home theater projector that offers full HD 1080p resolution and supports 3D content. It has a high contrast ratio of 10000:1 and a brightness of 2000 ANSI lumens, which produces bright and vivid images. The projector also features built-in speakers and various connectivity options, including HDMI, VGA, and USB. Its lamp life lasts up to 10,000 hours in eco mode, making it a durable choice for movie viewing in your home theater.
here is some more information on the BenQ W1090:
- Color Wheel: The BenQ W1090 has a six-segment color wheel, improving color accuracy and reducing the rainbow effect that can occur with DLP projectors.
- Keystone Correction: With vertical keystone correction, the W1090 can compensate for image distortion when projecting from an angle or uneven surface, resulting in a more accurate picture.
- Zoom: The projector has a limited zoom range of 1.3x, which may not be sufficient for larger rooms, but it does provide some flexibility in placement.
- Lamp Life: The BenQ W1090’s lamp life is up to 4,000 hours in Normal mode and up to 10,000 hours in SmartEco mode. SmartEco mode adjusts the lamp’s power consumption based on the content being displayed, which can lead to even longer lamp life.
- Noise Level: The projector operates at a noise level of only 29 dB in eco mode, which is quieter than most projectors in this price range.
- 3D Support: The W1090 supports 3D content, but requires a source that supports 3D as well as compatible glasses to view.
BenQ W1090 Pros and Cons:
- Brightness: The W1090 has a brightness of 2,000 ANSI lumens, which is more than enough for most home entertainment setups.
- Full HD resolution: The projector has a native resolution of 1080p, which makes it ideal for watching movies and playing games.
- Good contrast ratio: With a contrast ratio of 10,000:1, the W1090 delivers deep blacks and vivid colors.
- Low input lag: The projector has a low input lag of 16ms, which makes it a great choice for gaming.
- Easy setup: The W1090 is easy to set up and adjust, thanks to its vertical keystone correction and zoom lens.
- Limited placement options: The W1090 has a fixed lens, which means that you can’t adjust the placement of the projector too much. This can be a problem if you have a small room or an awkward seating arrangement.
- Loud fan: The projector’s fan can be quite loud, especially in high brightness mode. This can be distracting during quiet scenes in movies or TV shows.
- Limited connectivity: The W1090 only has two HDMI inputs and no USB port, which can be a limitation if you have multiple devices that you want to connect to the projector.
- Average speaker: The built-in speaker of the W1090 is only average in terms of sound quality. You might want to consider using external speakers for a better audio experience.
- Short lamp life: The lamp of the W1090 has a relatively short lifespan of 4,000 hours in normal mode and 6,000 hours in eco mode. This means that you might need to replace the lamp more frequently than with other projectors.
Lamp of BenQ W1090 & How to replace
The lamp of the BenQ W1090 projector is a 240W UHP (Ultra High Pressure) lamp, which is designed to provide a bright and vibrant image. The lamp has a lifespan of up to 4,000 hours in normal mode and up to 6,000 hours in eco mode, which is typical for projectors in this price range.
When the lamp is approaching the end of its lifespan, the projector will display a warning message on the screen. You can replace the lamp by purchasing a new lamp module from BenQ or an authorized dealer. The replacement process is straightforward and can usually be done by the user, although it’s always a good idea to consult the user manual for specific instructions.
Here are the general steps for replacing the lamp of a BenQ W1090 projector:
Turn off the projector and unplug it from the power source. Allow the lamp to cool down completely before proceeding with the replacement.
Locate the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector. It should have a small screw or latch holding it in place. Use a screwdriver or your fingers to remove the screw or release the latch.
Once the lamp cover is removed, you should see the lamp module inside. It will be held in place by one or two screws, depending on the model.
Use a screwdriver to remove the screw(s) that hold the lamp module in place. Carefully lift the lamp module out of the projector, taking care not to touch the bulb or any other internal components.
If you’re installing a new lamp module, remove it from its packaging and carefully insert it into the projector, aligning it with the slot and securing it with the screw(s).
Once the lamp module is securely in place, replace the lamp cover and screw or latch it back into place.
Turn on the projector and reset the lamp timer, if necessary, using the on-screen menu. The projector should now be ready to use with the new lamp.
Note that these are general steps and may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your BenQ W1090 projector. Be sure to consult the user manual or contact BenQ customer support for specific instructions and guidance. Additionally, it’s important to handle the lamp module carefully and avoid touching the bulb, as fingerprints or smudges can reduce the lifespan of the lamp.
nooshin zahri –
I have good memories with this projector, I am looking for a good substitute. please advise.