The BenQ MX550 is a versatile and reliable projector that delivers high-quality visual performance with advanced DLP technology. This projector is specially designed to cater to the demands of different settings, including classrooms, meeting rooms, home entertainment spaces, and even outdoor movie screenings.
With a brightness level of 3,500 lumens, the BenQ MX550 can produce vivid and clear images even in well-lit environments, ensuring that everyone in the room can comfortably watch presentations, movies, or plays in excellent clarity. Additionally, its high resolution of WXGA (1280 x 800 pixels) produces crisp and sharp visuals with accurate colors.
The BenQ MX550 is easy to set up and use, weighing only 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs) and featuring intuitive controls. It also boasts multi-platform connectivity with HDMI, USB, and VGA inputs, making it simple to connect to a variety of devices such as laptops, gaming consoles or DVD players.
Moreover, the BenQ MX550 is also designed with long-lasting durability in mind, featuring a lamp life of up to 10,000 hours in eco mode, saving cost and time. Further, the projector is equipped with a built-in 2W speaker that delivers sufficient sound, making it easy to deliver an all-rounded multi-media experience within one compact device.
The BenQ MX550 is a versatile and reliable projector that delivers high-quality visuals in a range of settings. Its compact and user-friendly design, and versatile connectivity options make it a great choice for education or corporate settings, while its affordability makes it accessible to home theater enthusiasts as well.
Epson EB-2155W Specifications:
- Display technology: DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- Native resolution: XGA (1024 x 768)
- Brightness: 3,500 ANSI lumens
- Contrast ratio: 20,000:1
- Lamp life: up to 10,000 hours (in Eco mode)
- Projection distance: 1.5 – 7.5 m (4.9 – 24.6 ft)
- Image size (diagonal): 60″ – 300″
- Keystone correction: ± 40 degrees (vertical)
- Connectivity: HDMI, VGA, USB, Audio in/out, RS232
- Speaker: 2W Mono
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 296 x 120 x 221 mm (11.7″ x 4.7″ x 8.7″)
- Weight: 2.3 kg (5.1 lbs)
BenQ MX550 Pros & Cons:
- Brightness level of 3,500 lumens produces vivid and clear images even in well-lit environments
- High resolution of WXGA (1280 x 800) produces clear and sharp visuals with accurate colors
- Multi-platform connectivity options with HDMI, USB, and VGA inputs make it easy to connect to a range of devices
- Easy to set up and intuitive to operate, with user-friendly interface and controls
- Durable and long-lasting design with a lamp life of up to 10,000 hours in eco mode
- Built-in 2W speaker delivers sufficient sound for a complete multimedia experience
- Lightweight and portable, making it easy to transport and set up in a range of environments
- Limited zoom options may require additional adjustments for optimal image size
- No support for 4K resolution
- The built-in speaker may not provide enough sound for large rooms or outdoor environments
- Limited to only WXGA resolution at 1280 x 800, which may not be suitable for certain high-end visuals.
Lamp of BenQ MX550 & How to replace:
The replacement lamp for the BenQ MX550 has the following model part number: BenQ 5J.JEE05.001
The BenQ MX550 projector uses a high-quality lamp, which will eventually reach its end of life and need to be replaced. Here’s how to replace the lamp in the BenQ MX550:
- Turn off the projector and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for the projector to cool down. It is recommended to wait 30 minutes to an hour to allow the lamp to cool down to room temperature.
- Locate the lamp cover on the underside of the projector and remove it.
- Unscrew or unlock the lamp housing to remove the old lamp.
- Gently remove the old lamp and disconnect it from the projector. Set the old lamp aside.
- Remove the new lamp from its packaging and gently insert it into the lamp housing.
- Secure the new lamp into the housing and lock or screw the housing back in place.
- Replace the lamp cover and secure it in place.
- Turn the projector back on and navigate to the lamp settings in the menu or settings screen.
- Reset the lamp hours to ensure that the new lamp is accurately accounted for.
It is important to note that different projectors may have slightly different procedures for replacing the lamp. Consult the user manual of your specific projector model for detailed instructions on how to replace the lamp.