The Optoma UHD40 is a high-performance home theater projector that delivers stunning 4K UHD resolution and exceptional color accuracy. This projector is a great choice for movie lovers and gamers who want a big-screen experience at home.
The Optoma UHD40 features a native resolution of 3840×2160 pixels, which is four times the resolution of 1080p. This means that the projector is capable of displaying incredibly detailed and sharp images with smooth contours and lifelike textures. The projector also uses HDR10 technology to deliver stunning contrast and a wide color gamut, which makes it ideal for watching movies, playing games, or viewing photos. The UHD40 also uses PureMotion technology to eliminate motion blur and judder, delivering smooth and fluid visuals even during fast-paced action scenes.
The Optoma UHD40 has a brightness rating of 2400 ANSI lumens, which makes it capable of projecting bright and vibrant images even in well-lit rooms. The projector also features a high contrast ratio of 500,000:1, providing deep blacks and bright whites for exceptional image quality. This high contrast ratio ensures that every detail of the image is visible and that the colors are true to life, enhancing the viewing experience.
One of the key benefits of the Optoma UHD40 is its long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours in Dynamic mode. This means that you can enjoy years of use without the need for frequent lamp replacements, reducing the cost of ownership and increasing the convenience of use. Additionally, the projector has a low power consumption of only 305 watts, making it an energy-efficient option for home theater use.
The Optoma UHD40 has a range of connectivity options, including two HDMI 2.0 inputs, HDCP 2.2 support, and a USB power output. This makes it easy to connect to a range of devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, and streaming devices. The projector also has a built-in speaker that delivers clear and powerful sound, eliminating the need for external speakers in some situations.
The Optoma UHD40 is designed for easy installation and setup, with a range of image adjustment features that allow you to customize the image to suit your preferences. This includes vertical lens shift, keystone correction, and a 1.3x zoom lens, which makes it easy to set up the projector in any room.
The Optoma UHD40 is an excellent home theater projector that delivers exceptional image quality, a long lamp life, and a range of connectivity options. Whether you’re watching movies, playing games, or streaming content, the Optoma UHD40 is sure to provide an immersive and enjoyable experience.
Optoma UHD40 Specifications:
- Display Technology: DLP
- Native Resolution: 3840×2160 (4K UHD)
- Brightness: 2400 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 500,000:1
- Lamp Life: Up to 15,000 hours in Dynamic mode
- Throw Ratio: 1.21 – 1.59 (with tolerance +/- 5%)
- Zoom: 1.3x Optical
- Keystone Correction: ± 40° Vertical
- Projection Distance: 1.3m – 9.3m
- Screen Size: 26.45″ – 302.2″ diagonal
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (native), 4:3 (compatible)
- Color Gamut: REC.709
- HDR Technology: HDR10
- Audio: 10W Speaker
- Input/Output: 2x HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP 2.2 support), 1x USB power, 1x 3.5mm audio-out,
1x optical S/PDIF, 1x 12V trigger
- Dimensions: 498 x 331 x 141 mm
- Weight: 5.22 kg
Optoma UHD40 Pros & Cons:
- High native resolution of 4K UHD for sharp and detailed image quality
- Brightness of 2400 ANSI Lumens for clear images in well-lit rooms
- High contrast ratio of 500,000:1 for deep blacks and bright whites
- Wide color gamut of REC.709 for accurate and vibrant colors
- Supports HDR10 for enhanced dynamic range and detail in highlights and shadows
- Long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours in Dynamic mode
- Zoom and keystone correction for flexible placement and alignment
- Multiple input/output options including HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 support
- The projector may not be bright enough for large or brightly-lit rooms
- The projector does not support 3D content
- The built-in speaker is not very powerful and may not provide sufficient audio quality
- The projector may not be as quiet as some users may prefer
- The price point may be higher than some other projectors with similar features.
Lamp of Optoma UHD40 & How to replace:
The Optoma UHD40 projector uses a lamp with model number SP.8VH01GC01.
Here are the steps to replace the lamp:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Wait for the projector to cool down before proceeding.
- Locate the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector and remove the screw.
- Slide the lamp cover to the side and remove it.
- Loosen the two screws securing the lamp module in place.
- Grasp the handle on the lamp module and gently pull it out of the projector.
- Insert the new lamp module and tighten the screws to secure it in place.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw to secure it in place.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the projector.
- Reset the lamp timer in the projector’s menu to ensure accurate tracking of lamp life.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for lamp replacement to ensure the proper functioning of the projector and avoid any damage or safety hazards.