The Optoma UHD38 is a high-performance home theater projector that is designed to provide an immersive viewing experience. It is part of Optoma’s UHD Series of projectors, which are known for their excellent image quality and cutting-edge features.
One of the standout features of the UHD38 is its 4K UHD resolution, which provides four times the detail of Full HD 1080p. This means you’ll be able to enjoy incredibly crisp and detailed images, whether you’re watching movies, playing games, or streaming your favorite content.
The UHD38 also boasts a brightness of 4000 lumens, which makes it suitable for use in both dark and well-lit rooms. With this level of brightness, you’ll be able to enjoy vibrant colors and clear images even in environments with ambient light.
Another key feature of the UHD38 is its advanced color technology. It uses a six-segment color wheel and dynamic black technology to produce a wide color gamut and deep blacks, resulting in rich and lifelike colors that are true to life.
In addition to its impressive image quality, the UHD38 is also designed for ease of use. It comes with a range of connectivity options, including HDMI 2.0 inputs and support for HDR10 and HLG content. It also has built-in speakers, making it a convenient all-in-one solution for home entertainment.
Finally, the UHD38 is designed to be durable and long-lasting. It has a lamp life of up to 15,000 hours in Eco mode, which means you won’t have to replace the lamp as frequently as with some other projectors. It also has a compact and lightweight design, making it easy to set up and take down as needed.
The Optoma UHD38 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality home theater projector. With its 4K resolution, advanced color technology, and easy-to-use features, it is sure to provide an immersive and enjoyable viewing experience.
Optoma UHD38 Specifications:
- Display Technology: DLP
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
- Brightness: 4000 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 1,000,000:1 (Dynamic Black enabled)
- Color Gamut: 100% Rec.709, 80% DCI-P3
- Lamp Life: Up to 4,000 hours (Bright mode), up to 10,000 hours (Dynamic mode), up to 15,000 hours (Eco mode)
- Throw Ratio: 1.21 – 1.59:1
- Projection Distance: 3.2 ft to 32.8 ft (0.98m to 10.00m)
- Image Size: 34.1″ to 302.4″ (diagonal)
- Keystone Correction: +/- 40° vertical
- Zoom: 1.3x optical zoom
- Audio: 10W speaker
- Inputs/Outputs: HDMI 2.0 (x2), USB-A power (x1), 3.5mm audio out (x1), S/PDIF out (x1), RJ45 (x1), RS-232C (x1)
- 3D Support: Full 3D (via HDMI 1.4)
- Compatibility: HDR10, HLG, 1080p/24, 1080p/60, 2160p/24, 2160p/30, 2160p/60
- Dimensions: 12.4″ x 4.3″ x 10.6″ (W x H x D)
- Weight: 6.2 lbs
Optoma UHD38 Pros & Cons:
- 4K UHD resolution provides excellent image detail and clarity.
- High brightness of 4000 lumens makes it suitable for use in well-lit rooms.
- Advanced color technology with a wide color gamut and deep blacks produces lifelike colors.
- Flexible installation options with 1.3x zoom, vertical keystone correction, and a range of connectivity options.
- Long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours in Eco mode means lower maintenance costs.
- Built-in 10W speaker provides good sound quality and eliminates the need for external speakers.
- Compatibility with HDR10 and HLG content ensures an immersive viewing experience.
- The Optoma UHD38 is relatively expensive compared to some other home theater projectors.
- It is a bit noisy when in Bright mode, which may be distracting for some users.
- The built-in speaker is not as powerful as some external speakers, so you may want to consider additional speakers for a more immersive audio experience.
- The UHD38 does not have lens shift, which can limit its installation options in some rooms.
- It does not have built-in smart features, such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity, which some users may find limiting.
Lamp of Optoma UHD38 & How to replace:
The Optoma UHD38 uses a lamp as its light source, which will need to be replaced periodically. Here’s some information on the lamp and how to replace it:
- Lamp Type: UHP 240W
- Lamp Life: Up to 4,000 hours in Bright mode, up to 10,000 hours in Dynamic mode, and up to 15,000 hours in Eco mode.
- Replacement Lamp Part Number: BL-FP240G
To replace the lamp in your Optoma UHD38, follow these steps:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes before replacing the lamp.
- Locate the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector and remove the screw(s) securing it in place.
- Remove the lamp cover and set it aside.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws securing the lamp module in place.
- Gently pull the lamp module out of the projector.
- Carefully insert the new lamp module into the projector, making sure it is securely in place.
- Replace the screws to secure the lamp module in place.
- Replace the lamp cover and secure it with the screw(s).
- Plug the power cord back in and turn on the projector.
- Reset the lamp timer in the projector menu to ensure accurate tracking of the new lamp’s usage.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when replacing the lamp to ensure the best performance and to avoid damage to the projector. If you are not comfortable replacing the lamp yourself, it is recommended to contact Optoma or a professional technician for assistance.
laleh lame –
The best home theatre projector I had