The Epson EB-108 is a portable and versatile projector that is ideal for use in a variety of settings, from classrooms to boardrooms to home entertainment systems. With its high resolution and brightness, this projector is capable of producing clear and vivid images even in well-lit environments.
One of the key features of the EB-108 is its high resolution. The projector boasts a native resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, which is capable of displaying high-definition content in widescreen format. This makes it ideal for showing videos, presentations, and other multimedia content in a variety of settings.
Another important feature of the EB-108 is its brightness. The projector is capable of producing up to 3,700 lumens of brightness, which means that it can easily handle well-lit environments and produce clear and vivid images. This makes it ideal for use in classrooms or boardrooms where lighting conditions can vary.
The EB-108 also comes with a number of connectivity options. It includes HDMI, USB, and VGA inputs, which means that it can be connected to a variety of devices, including laptops, DVD players, and gaming consoles. It also comes with a built-in speaker, which means that it can produce sound without the need for additional audio equipment.
In addition to its technical features, the EB-108 is also designed with portability in mind. It is lightweight and easy to carry, which makes it ideal for mobile presentations or for use in different rooms or locations. It also comes with a range of features that make it easy to set up and operate, including automatic keystone correction and a quick-start function.
The Epson EB-108 is a versatile and reliable projector that is capable of producing high-quality images in a variety of settings. Whether you need to give a presentation, show a movie, or host a gaming session, this projector is a great choice.
Epson EB-108 Specifications:
- Display Technology: 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Native Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
- Brightness: Up to 3,700 lumens
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 16,000:1
- Lamp Type: 210 W UHE
- Lamp Life: Up to 12,000 hours (ECO mode); up to 6,000 hours (Normal mode)
- Image Size: 30″ to 300″ diagonal
- Throw Distance: 2.29′ to 29.04′
- Keystone Correction: Automatic vertical: ±30 degrees; manual horizontal: ±30 degrees
- Projection Lens: F-number: 1.49 – 1.72; focal length: 16.9 mm – 20.28 mm
- Zoom Ratio: Optical zoom 1.0 – 1.2
- Speaker: 2 W mono
- Connectivity: HDMI, USB Type A and B, VGA, LAN, RS-232C, Stereo mini jack audio out, Stereo mini jack audio in
- Dimensions: 302 x 237 x 82 mm (excluding feet and projections)
- Weight: 2.7 kg
Epson EB-108 Pros & Cons:
- High resolution and brightness: The EB-108 offers a high native resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and can produce up to 3,700 lumens of brightness, making it ideal for use in a variety of settings.
- Versatile connectivity: The projector comes with a range of connectivity options, including HDMI, USB, and VGA inputs, making it easy to connect to a variety of devices.
- Portable design: The EB-108 is lightweight and easy to carry, making it ideal for mobile presentations or use in different rooms or locations.
- Easy setup: The projector comes with a range of features that make it easy to set up and operate, including automatic keystone correction and a quick-start function.
- Long lamp life: The EB-108’s lamp can last up to 12,000 hours in ECO mode, which can help reduce maintenance costs.
- Limited sound quality: The built-in speaker is only 2 W mono, which may not be sufficient for larger rooms or audiences. Additional audio equipment may be needed for better sound quality.
- Limited zoom range: The projector’s optical zoom ratio is only 1.0 – 1.2, which may not be sufficient for some applications. A projector with a higher zoom ratio may be needed in certain situations.
- Limited horizontal keystone correction: The EB-108’s manual horizontal keystone correction is limited to ±30 degrees, which may not be sufficient in some environments where greater correction is needed.
- Native aspect ratio: The native aspect ratio of the EB-108 is 16:10, which may not be compatible with all content, particularly older content that was produced in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Additional adjustments may be needed to display this content correctly.
Lamp of Epson EB-108 & How to replace:
The Epson EB-108 projector uses a 210 W UHE (Ultra High Efficiency) lamp. This lamp is designed to deliver high brightness and excellent color accuracy, and it has a long lifespan of up to 12,000 hours when used in ECO mode. The lamp can be easily replaced when it reaches the end of its life, and replacement lamps are widely available from Epson and authorized resellers. The lamp is an important component of the projector, and proper care and maintenance can help extend its lifespan and ensure that the projector continues to deliver high-quality images over time. Epson provides guidelines for lamp care and replacement in the user manual that comes with the projector.
Replacing the lamp on the Epson EB-108 projector is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps. Here is a step-by-step guide:
Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
Wait at least one hour for the lamp to cool down before handling it. The lamp can become very hot during use and needs time to cool down before it can be safely handled.
Locate the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector and use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold it in place.
Gently remove the lamp cover and set it aside.
Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the lamp in place.
Gently pull the lamp out of the projector, taking care not to damage the bulb.
Insert the new lamp into the projector, making sure it is securely in place and properly aligned.
Tighten the screws to secure the lamp in place.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws to secure it in place.
Plug in the power cord and turn on the projector. The projector should detect the new lamp and reset the lamp timer automatically.
It’s important to note that the lamp of the Epson EB-108 projector should only be replaced with an authentic Epson replacement lamp to ensure the best performance and reliability. Additionally, always follow the instructions provided in the user manual for proper lamp care and replacement.