The BenQ LH710 is a high-performance laser projector designed for use in large meeting rooms, classrooms, and conference halls. It delivers an impressive 4,000 ANSI lumens of brightness and a high contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1, which ensures clear and vivid images even in well-lit environments.
This projector uses a laser light source, which provides a long-lasting and maintenance-free performance of up to 20,000 hours, eliminating the need for frequent lamp replacements. It also supports multiple connectivity options, including HDMI, VGA, USB, and LAN, making it easy to connect to a variety of devices.
The BenQ LH710 comes equipped with built-in 10-watt speakers that deliver high-quality audio, eliminating the need for external speakers in most cases. It also features advanced color adjustment capabilities, allowing users to fine-tune the color output to their preference.
Other notable features of the BenQ LH710 include its vertical and horizontal keystone correction, which enables the projector to display a perfectly square image even when it is placed at an angle, and its 1.5x zoom lens, which provides flexibility in projector placement.
The BenQ LH710 is a versatile and high-performing projector that is well-suited for a variety of large venue applications.
BenQ LH710 Specifications:
- Display Technology: DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)
- Brightness: 4000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 10,000:1
- Lamp Life: up to 4,000 hours (Normal Mode), up to 10,000 hours (Eco Mode), up to 15,000 hours (SmartEco Mode)
- Keystone Correction: ± 30 degrees (Vertical), ± 30 degrees (Horizontal)
- Throw Ratio: 1.15 – 1.49 (100″ @ 2.5 m)
- Image Size (Diagonal): 30″ – 300″
- Zoom Ratio: 1.3:1
- Speaker: 10W x 2
- Input Terminals: HDMI x 2, VGA x 2, USB (Type A) x 2, USB (Type B) x 1, Audio In (Mini Jack) x 1, Audio Out (Mini Jack) x 1, RS232 x 1
- Output Terminals: Audio Out (Mini Jack) x 1
- Noise Level: 34/31 dBA (Normal/Eco Mode)
- Power Consumption: Max 370W, Standby < 0.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 312 x 104 x 225 mm
- Weight: 3.3 kg
BenQ LH710 Pros and Cons:
- High brightness of 4000 ANSI lumens, making it suitable for use in well-lit rooms
- Native Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels for sharp and clear image quality
- High contrast ratio of 10,000:1 for deep and detailed blacks
- Long lamp life of up to 15,000 hours in Eco Mode, reducing the need for frequent lamp replacements
- Versatile connectivity options including HDMI, VGA, and USB ports
- Built-in 10W speakers provide good audio quality without the need for external speakers
- Keystone correction of up to ±30 degrees both vertically and horizontally allows for flexible installation options
- Zoom ratio of 1.3:1 enables easy adjustment of image size without moving the projector
- No lens shift function, which may limit the flexibility of the projector’s installation
- No wireless connectivity options, which may be a disadvantage for some users
- On the heavier side compared to some other portable projectors, weighing 3.3 kg
- No 3D support, which may be a drawback for users who require this feature
Lamp of BenQ LH710 & How to replace:
The BenQ LH710 projector uses a high-pressure mercury lamp as its light source. The lamp model number is 5J.JGT05.001, and it has a rated power of 300 watts. The lamp life varies depending on the mode in which the projector is used. In Normal mode, the lamp has a rated life of up to 4,000 hours, while in Eco mode, it has a rated life of up to 10,000 hours. In SmartEco mode, which automatically adjusts the lamp brightness according to the image content, the lamp can last up to 15,000 hours. It’s important to note that lamp life can be affected by factors such as the environment in which the projector is used, the frequency of use, and the projector’s operating conditions. It’s always a good idea to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for lamp replacement and maintenance to ensure the best possible performance and longevity from your projector.
Here are the general steps to replace the lamp of the BenQ LH710 projector:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Wait for the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes to avoid getting burned.
- Remove the lamp cover by loosening the screws or sliding the cover off, depending on the model.
- Loosen the screws securing the lamp module in place.
- Carefully remove the lamp module from the projector.
- Take the new lamp module out of its packaging and handle it carefully without touching the lamp surface or the inside of the lamp compartment.
- Insert the new lamp module into the projector, making sure it is properly seated and secured with the screws.
- Reattach the lamp cover and tighten the screws.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the projector.
- Reset the lamp hours counter in the projector’s settings menu to ensure accurate tracking of lamp life.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings when replacing the lamp, as incorrect installation or handling can cause damage to the projector or the lamp itself. Also, remember to dispose of the old lamp module properly according to local regulations.
david cateloff –
Very high contrast projector, good for enjoying movie