The BenQ EW800ST is a versatile and high-performance short-throw projector designed for use in education and business environments. Its compact and sleek design makes it easy to transport, and the high-quality lens with manual focus ring provides excellent image clarity and precision.
The EW800ST offers WXGA resolution and a 16:10 aspect ratio, which delivers clear and vivid images in any lighting condition. It utilizes DLP technology, which ensures that the colors are accurate and true to life. The projector has a brightness of 3300 ANSI lumens, which makes it suitable for use in a wide range of lighting conditions, from dimly lit classrooms to brightly lit boardrooms.
One of the standout features of the EW800ST is its short-throw capability. With a throw ratio of 0.49, the projector can project a 100-inch image from just 1.5 meters away. This makes it an ideal choice for small classrooms or meeting rooms where space is limited.
The projector has a rated lamp life of up to 20,000 hours, which means it requires minimal maintenance and provides cost savings. The built-in 10W speaker delivers clear and powerful sound, eliminating the need for external speakers in small to medium-sized rooms. The projector also has a low input lag of 16ms and a fast response time of 16.7ms, making it an ideal choice for gaming or interactive presentations.
The EW800ST features multiple connectivity options such as HDMI, VGA, USB, and LAN, which makes it compatible with a wide range of devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets. It also supports 3D content, making it an excellent choice for immersive classroom or gaming experiences.
The BenQ EW800ST is a reliable and high-performance projector that can enhance any classroom or business presentation. With its short-throw capability, multiple connectivity options, and excellent image quality, it is a versatile and valuable tool for any teacher, presenter, or business professional.
BenQ EW800ST Specifications:
- Display Technology: DLP
- Native Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
- Brightness: 3300 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Throw Ratio: 0.49
- Lamp Life: Up to 20,000 hours
- Image Size: 60 inches to 150 inches
- Zoom Ratio: Fixed
- Keystone Correction: Vertical ± 40 degrees
- Speaker: 10W x 1
- Input/Output: HDMI, VGA, USB Type A, USB Type B, LAN, Audio In/Out
- 3D Compatibility: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 314.2 x 116.4 x 213.5 mm
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Noise Level: 35 dBA (Normal mode), 31 dBA (Eco mode)
BenQ EW800ST Pros & Cons:
- Short-throw distance: The projector can be placed close to the screen or wall, which is useful in small rooms with limited space.
- High brightness: With a brightness of 3300 ANSI lumens, the projector can produce a bright and clear image even in well-lit rooms.
- Good contrast ratio: The projector has a contrast ratio of 10000:1, which means it can produce deep blacks and bright whites.
- Wireless connectivity: The projector supports wireless screen mirroring from devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- Easy setup: The projector comes with a user-friendly interface and a remote control that makes it easy to set up and use.
- Limited resolution: The projector has a native resolution of only 1280 x 800, which is lower than some other projectors in this price range.
- Limited zoom: The projector has a fixed zoom, which means you cannot adjust the image size without physically moving the projector.
- Limited connectivity: The projector has only two HDMI ports, which may not be enough for some users who want to connect multiple devices.
- Fan noise: The projector can be a bit noisy when in use, which can be distracting in quiet environments.
- Limited lamp life: The projector’s lamp has a lifespan of only 4000 hours, which is relatively short compared to some other projectors.
Lamp of BenQ EW800ST & How to replace:
The lamp module for the BenQ EW800ST projector has the model number 5J.JKC05.001. It is important to use the correct lamp module to ensure optimal performance and compatibility with the projector
The BenQ EW800ST is a short-throw projector that comes with a built-in lamp. When the lamp eventually burns out, it will need to be replaced. Here are the steps to replace the lamp:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Let the projector cool down for at least 30 minutes before handling the lamp.
- Locate the lamp cover on the bottom of the projector and remove it by unscrewing the screw(s) holding it in place.
- Remove the lamp module by pulling on its handle or grip. Be careful not to touch the bulb or any of the internal parts with your bare hands, as this can cause damage to the lamp or shorten its lifespan.
- Insert the new lamp module into the projector, making sure that it is securely in place.
- Replace the lamp cover and screw it back in.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and turn on the projector.
Note that some projectors may have additional steps or requirements for lamp replacement, so it’s always a good idea to consult the user manual for specific instructions. Also, make sure to purchase a replacement lamp that is compatible with your specific projector model.