The Optoma UHD55 is a high-performance 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) projector that delivers stunning, razor-sharp images with incredible detail and clarity. It is designed to provide an immersive home theater experience, making it perfect for watching movies, gaming, or streaming your favorite TV shows.
With a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, the Optoma UHD55 can display up to 8.3 million pixels on the screen, providing four times the detail of Full HD. It uses advanced DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology to deliver vivid colors and deep black levels, ensuring that your images are always rich and vibrant.
The Optoma UHD55 also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, which enhances the contrast and color accuracy of your images, making them appear more lifelike and realistic. It supports both HDR10 and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) formats, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of HDR content.
This projector has a brightness of 1500 ANSI lumens, making it bright enough to use in a variety of lighting conditions. It also has a high contrast ratio of 500,000:1, which ensures that your images are always clear and sharp.
The Optoma UHD55 has a variety of inputs, including two HDMI 2.0 ports, a VGA port, and a USB port. It also has a built-in 10-watt speaker, which provides clear and powerful sound without the need for external speakers.
One of the unique features of the Optoma UHD55 is its vertical lens shift and 1.1x zoom, which makes it easy to set up and align the projector with your screen. It also has a low input lag of just 16ms, making it ideal for gaming.
The Optoma UHD55 is an exceptional 4K UHD projector that delivers incredible image quality and versatility. It is perfect for anyone looking to create a high-performance home theater system or enhance their gaming experience.
Optoma UHD55 Specifications:
- Display technology: DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
- Brightness: 1500 ANSI lumens
- Contrast ratio: 500,000:1
- Color gamut: Rec.709
- Lamp life: up to 15,000 hours
- Throw ratio: 1.2 – 1.56:1
- Zoom: 1.1x optical
- Keystone correction: ±40° vertical
- Lens shift: +10% vertical
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (native), 4:3 (compatible)
- Input lag: 16ms (gaming mode)
- HDR compatibility: HDR10, HLG
- Speakers: 10-watt integrated speaker
- Noise level: 25dB (Eco mode)
- Inputs: 2x HDMI 2.0, VGA, USB-A (power only), audio-in (3.5mm), audio-out (3.5mm)
- Dimensions: 13 x 15.4 x 5.1 inches (W x D x H)
- Weight: 11.75 lbs
Optoma UHD55 Pros and Cons:
- High image quality: The Optoma UHD55 can display a 4K UHD resolution with HDR support, resulting in sharp and vibrant visuals.
- Brightness: With a brightness of 2,400 lumens, the UHD55 can display clear images even in well-lit rooms.
- Good color accuracy: The projector covers 100% of the Rec.709 color space, resulting in accurate and vivid colors.
- Great connectivity options: The UHD55 includes multiple HDMI ports, a USB port, and wireless capabilities, making it easy to connect to a variety of devices.
- Easy setup: The projector has a user-friendly interface and comes with a quick start guide, making it easy to set up and use.
- Limited lamp life: The UHD55 has a lamp life of 4,000 hours, which is shorter than some other projectors in its price range.
- Fan noise: Some users have reported that the projector’s fan can be loud and distracting during quiet scenes.
- Limited zoom: The UHD55 has a limited zoom range, which can make it difficult to adjust the image size in smaller rooms.
- No lens shift: The projector does not have lens shift capabilities, which can make it difficult to align the image with the screen.
- No keystone correction: The UHD55 does not have automatic keystone correction, which can make it difficult to get a perfectly square image.
Lamp of Optoma UHD55 & How to replace:
The lamp model for the Optoma UHD55 projector is BL-FP240G.
Here are the steps to replace the lamp on the Optoma UHD55 projector:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to allow the lamp to cool down completely.
- Turn the projector over and locate the lamp compartment cover on the bottom of the projector.
- Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws that secure the lamp compartment cover.
- Remove the cover to reveal the lamp module.
- Loosen the screws that hold the lamp module in place.
- Carefully remove the lamp module from the projector by pulling the handle.
- Insert the new lamp module into the projector and tighten the screws to secure it in place.
- Replace the lamp compartment cover and tighten the screws.
- Turn the projector over and plug in the power cord.
- Turn on the projector and reset the lamp timer if necessary, following the instructions in the user manual.
Note: It’s important to handle the lamp module carefully and avoid touching the lamp with bare hands, as oils from the skin can cause damage to the lamp. Also, make sure the projector is completely cool before replacing the lamp to avoid potential burn injuries.