The Optoma UHD35 is a high-performance home theater projector designed to deliver immersive and stunning visuals with its 4K Ultra HD resolution. With advanced features and excellent picture quality, it offers a captivating cinematic experience in the comfort of your own home.
The projector utilizes a DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology, which allows for precise and sharp image reproduction. The UHD35 boasts a native resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, providing four times the resolution of Full HD, resulting in incredibly detailed and lifelike images on the screen.
With a brightness of up to 3,600 lumens, the UHD35 ensures vibrant and well-defined visuals even in moderately lit rooms. This makes it suitable for a variety of viewing environments, from dedicated home theaters to living rooms.
The UHD35 supports HDR10 and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) formats, which enhance the contrast and color performance of the projected images. This results in a wider dynamic range, displaying both dark and bright scenes with greater detail and depth. HDR content appears more realistic, with vivid colors and enhanced shadow details.
Thanks to its high refresh rate of 240Hz, the UHD35 is capable of smooth motion handling, reducing motion blur and providing a more fluid viewing experience, especially during fast-paced action scenes and sports events.
With its wide color gamut coverage, the UHD35 delivers rich and accurate colors, ensuring a vibrant and realistic image reproduction. The projector supports REC.709 color space, which is the standard for high-definition video, ensuring accurate color representation.
The UHD35 features a versatile lens with a 1.1x zoom ratio, allowing for flexible placement options in different room sizes. It also includes vertical lens shift, which enables vertical image adjustment without the need for keystone correction, ensuring a properly aligned and distortion-free image.
Connectivity options are abundant on the UHD35. It features two HDMI 2.0 inputs with HDCP 2.2 support, allowing for seamless connection with various devices such as Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, and media streaming devices. Additionally, it includes a USB power output, enabling convenient power supply for HDMI dongles or streaming devices.
The UHD35 is designed with a user-friendly interface, making it easy to navigate through settings and adjust image parameters. It also includes a built-in speaker, providing decent audio output for casual viewing, although connecting external speakers or a home theater audio system is recommended for a more immersive sound experience.
In summary, the Optoma UHD35 is a feature-rich and high-performance home theater projector that delivers impressive 4K Ultra HD visuals, HDR support, and excellent color reproduction. With its flexible installation options and versatile connectivity, it offers a cinematic experience for movie enthusiasts and gaming enthusiasts alike, bringing the magic of the big screen into your living space.
Optoma UHD35 Specifications:
- Display Technology: DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- Native Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K UHD)
- Brightness: Up to 3,600 lumens
- Contrast Ratio: Up to 1,000,000:1 (dynamic black enabled)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (native), 4:3 compatible
- Color Wheel: 6-segment RGBRGB color wheel
- Throw Ratio: 1.21 – 1.59:1
- Zoom Type: 1.3x manual optical zoom
Image and Projection:
- Projection Size: 34.1″ – 302.4″ (diagonal)
- Projection Distance: 3.28 ft – 32.8 ft
- Keystone Correction: Vertical ±40 degrees
- Lens Shift: Vertical +10%
- Lamp Life: Up to 4,000 hours (Bright mode), up to 10,000 hours (Dynamic mode)
- Built-in Speaker: 5W
- HDMI: 2 x HDMI 2.0 inputs with HDCP 2.2 support
- USB: 1 x USB power output (5V/1.5A)
- Audio: 1 x 3.5mm audio out
- Control: 1 x RS232, 1 x 12V trigger, 1 x RJ-45 (LAN)
- Other: 1 x 3D sync out (3-pin mini-DIN)
- Computer Compatibility: 4K UHD, WUXGA, Full HD, UXGA, SXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA, Mac
- Video Compatibility: 4K UHD (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2), 1080p (HDMI/ VGA/ Composite), 720p (HDMI/ VGA/ Composite), 480p (HDMI/ VGA/ Composite)
- 3D Compatibility: Full 3D (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2), 3D compatible (VGA, HDMI)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 15.4″ x 5.1″ x 11.1″ (excluding feet)
- Weight: 8.6 lbs
- Power Supply: AC input 100 – 240V, 50 – 60Hz, auto-switching
- Power Consumption: 325W typical (Bright mode), 265W typical (Eco mode), <0.5W (standby)
Optoma UHD35 Pros & Cons:
- 4K UHD Resolution: The UHD35 offers a native 4K UHD resolution, delivering sharp and detailed images for a truly immersive viewing experience.
- High Brightness: With a brightness of up to 3,600 lumens, the projector provides vibrant and well-defined visuals even in moderately lit rooms.
- HDR Support: The UHD35 supports HDR content, enhancing contrast and color performance for more realistic and dynamic imagery.
- Excellent Color Reproduction: With a 6-segment RGBRGB color wheel and wide color gamut coverage, the projector delivers rich and accurate colors.
- Smooth Motion Handling: The high refresh rate of 240Hz ensures smooth motion and reduces motion blur, particularly beneficial for fast-paced content and gaming.
- Flexible Installation Options: The UHD35 offers a 1.3x optical zoom and vertical lens shift, allowing for easy adjustment and positioning of the projected image.
- Multiple Connectivity Options: It features two HDMI 2.0 inputs with HDCP 2.2 support, USB power output, and other audio and control ports for versatile connectivity.
- DLP Technology: The DLP technology used in the UHD35 provides precise and sharp image reproduction, ensuring high-quality visuals
- Limited Lens Shift Range: While it does offer vertical lens shift, the range is relatively limited, which may restrict placement options in certain setups.
- Fan Noise: Some users have reported that the projector’s fan noise can be noticeable during operation, particularly in quiet viewing environments.
- Lack of Wireless Connectivity: The UHD35 does not have built-in Wi-Fi or wireless streaming capabilities, requiring a physical connection for content playback.
- Limited Throw Ratio: The throw ratio range may not be suitable for all room sizes and setups, potentially limiting its placement flexibility.
Lamp of Optoma UHD35 & How to replace:
The Optoma UHD35 projector is equipped with a lamp that provides the light source for projecting images. Over time, the lamp may require replacement. Here is information on the lamp of the Optoma UHD35 and how to replace it:
– Lamp Type: UHP (Ultra High-Pressure) lamp
– Lamp Life: Up to 4,000 hours (Bright mode), up to 10,000 hours (Dynamic mode)
– Lamp Power: 240 watts
Replacing the Lamp:
1. Ensure the projector is turned off and has cooled down for at least 30 minutes before attempting to replace the lamp.
2. Locate the lamp compartment on the projector. It is usually situated at the rear or side of the unit and is marked with an icon or label indicating the lamp.
3. Using a screwdriver or other suitable tool, loosen and remove the screws or latch that secure the lamp compartment cover. Carefully remove the cover to expose the lamp module.
4. The lamp module is typically held in place by additional screws or a retaining clip. Remove these screws or release the clip to free the lamp module.
5. Grasp the lamp module by its handle or designated area and gently pull it straight out of the projector.
6. Take the new lamp module and ensure it is the correct replacement lamp for the Optoma UHD35. Align the lamp module correctly with the lamp slot in the projector.
7. Slide the lamp module into the projector, pushing it in firmly until it is fully seated and secure.
8. If necessary, reattach the retaining clip or screws to hold the lamp module in place.
9. Replace the lamp compartment cover and fasten it securely with the screws or latch.
10. Turn on the projector and navigate to the projector’s menu or settings. Locate the lamp settings and reset the lamp timer to ensure accurate tracking of lamp usage.
11. Perform any additional steps or instructions provided in the projector’s user manual regarding lamp replacement or resetting the lamp timer.
It’s important to follow the specific instructions provided in the projector’s user manual for replacing the lamp, as the process may vary slightly depending on the model. Additionally, ensure that you purchase a genuine replacement lamp from a reputable source to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.