The Epson EB-L1100U is a high-performance laser projector designed for use in large venues such as auditoriums, conference halls, and museums. This projector offers a range of advanced features and a bright, vivid image, making it ideal for professional applications that require high-quality visual displays.
One of the key features of the Epson EB-L1100U is its laser light source, which provides a long lifespan of up to 20,000 hours and eliminates the need for regular lamp replacement. This not only reduces maintenance costs but also ensures consistent brightness and color accuracy throughout the projector’s lifespan. The laser light source also offers a high brightness of 6,000 lumens, which makes it suitable for use in well-lit environments and on larger screens.
The projector features WUXGA resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels, which provides sharp and detailed images with a 16:10 aspect ratio. The contrast ratio of 2,500,000:1 ensures that the image is vibrant and dynamic, with deep blacks and bright whites. The projector also includes 10-bit color processing, which allows for more accurate color reproduction and smoother gradations.
The EB-L1100U features a motorized lens with a powered zoom, focus, and lens shift, allowing for easy adjustment of the image size and position. The projector has a throw ratio of 1.44-2.32:1, and can produce a screen size of up to 500 inches diagonally. The projector also offers a range of advanced projection features, such as edge blending, geometric correction, and projection mapping, making it a versatile tool for a variety of projection applications.
In terms of connectivity, the projector includes HDMI, DisplayPort, HDBaseT, and VGA inputs, as well as RS-232C, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi for remote control and network management. The projector also includes Epson’s EasyMP software, which allows for easy multi-screen projection and control from a PC or mobile device. Additionally, the projector is compatible with Crestron, AMX, and Extron control systems, making it easy to integrate into existing AV setups.
The Epson EB-L1100U is a powerful and versatile laser projector that offers a range of advanced features and a bright, vivid image. Its long lifespan, low maintenance costs, and advanced projection features make it an ideal choice for large venues and professional applications that require high-quality visual displays.
Epson EB-L1100U Specifications:
- Resolution: WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels)
- Brightness: 6,000 lumens
- Contrast ratio: Up to 2,500,000:1
- Light source: Laser diode
- Lamp life: Up to 20,000 hours in normal mode, up to 30,000 hours in eco mode
- Lens shift: Vertical ±67%; horizontal ±30%
- Keystone correction: Vertical ±45°; horizontal ±30°
- Image size: 50″ to 500″ diagonal
- Throw ratio: 1.44 to 2.33 (depending on the lens)
- Inputs: HDMI x 2, DisplayPort, VGA, USB type A and type B, HDBaseT, LAN
- Output: Audio out (mini-jack)
- Speaker: 10W monaural
- Fan noise: 28 dB (normal mode), 24 dB (eco mode)
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 6.8 x 16.1 inches
- Weight: 24.9 pounds
Epson EB-L1100U Pros & Cons:
- High brightness of 6,000 lumens makes it suitable for use in large venues or rooms with ambient light
- Laser diode light source provides a longer lifespan and requires less maintenance compared to traditional lamp projectors
- High contrast ratio of up to 2,500,000:1 helps deliver deep blacks and vivid colors for a more immersive viewing experience
- Multiple input options, including HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, USB, and HDBaseT, make it compatible with a wide range of devices
- Horizontal and vertical lens shift and keystone correction provide flexibility in projector placement and ensure a straight image
- Eco mode provides up to 30,000 hours of lamp life, reducing the need for frequent lamp replacements
- The projector is relatively heavy at 24.9 pounds, which may make it difficult to transport or mount
- The high brightness of the projector also means that it can generate a significant amount of heat, which may require additional cooling measures
- The projector is relatively expensive compared to other models in its class, which may not be suitable for some budgets
- While the projector supports 3D content, it requires the use of optional glasses, which can be an additional cost
- The projector doesn’t come with a lens included, and the price of compatible lenses can be quite high, which may add to the total cost of ownership.
Lamp of Epson EB-L1100U & How to replace:
The Epson EB-L1100U projector uses a laser diode light source, which means it doesn’t have a traditional lamp that needs to be replaced. Instead, the laser diode provides a much longer lifespan than traditional lamp projectors and requires less maintenance.
However, it’s important to note that the laser diode light source is not user-replaceable, and it requires specialized servicing. If there is an issue with the laser diode, you should contact Epson customer support or a professional projector repair service for assistance.
In general, it’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for maintenance and servicing to ensure optimal performance and lifespan of your projector. This may include periodic cleaning of the air filters and ensuring proper ventilation around the projector to prevent overheating.
If you do need to replace the projector’s lens, Epson offers several compatible lens options that can be purchased separately. The lens can be easily removed and replaced by following the instructions in the user manual. It’s important to ensure that you choose a lens with the appropriate throw ratio for your specific projection needs.
halima nasser –
Good for small theatre and large venue.